Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 2 cups half-and-half (1 pint carton)
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded, I use more
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, if desired
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked, and drained
- Melt butter in a lg. non-stick saucepan.
- Saute garlic until cooked.
- Add half and half, and cook on med. heat, until hot, stirring often.
- Add cheeses, and stir until cheese melts, and sauce is bubbly and thick.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Toss with fettuccine noodles.
- I sometimes saute fresh sliced mushrooms with the garlic and butter, or add a jar of sliced ones.
- You can add chopped chicken and/or broccoli to this also.
Had this recipe for dinner. Added canned mushrooms and cooked chicken and it made a really nice meal. My husband had seconds, and we have plenty left over for tomorrow night's meal. Very, very good. Yum! Yum!