Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I usually make these as mini-muffins and put them on the buffet table, or use them as appetizers, split and filled with cream cheese and smoked salmon. My friend Linda is their biggest fan, so I thought I would give them her name!
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven 200°C and line muffin pans with paper cases or grease them.
- Combine first seven ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
- Combine flours and baking powder and fold the in the wet mixture, do not overmix Spoon in prepared pans and bake 20 minutes or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
- VARIATION- You can add 1/2 cup frozen cocktail prawns to the wet mixture (for 12 regular muffins or 24 mini muffins).
These muffins are lovely, and so easy to make! I used all-purpose flour instead of self-rising, increased the amount of baking powder to 2 1/2 ts and added a pinch of salt. Made 24 small muffins and they were done at 200 C in about 13 minutes. I would have preferred a slightly stronger pesto flavour, but it may very well be that I simply need to find a stronger-tasting pesto sauce to use in this recipe! Served these with cream cheese. Yum! Will certainly make again. Thank you for sharing the recipe, AdriMicina!