Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh Lordy, these are YUMMY when you are watching the pounds... What a great substitute for potatoes when we want to cut out the carbs! Try them, you will LOVE them! I can't believe how WONDERFUL they are.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Clean the leaves off the cauliflower, and cut off the end of the stem.
- Place on a glass plate, and add as much water into the dish as you can without spilling. Place a paper towel over the cauliflower, and put in microwave.
- Cook on high for 10-12 minutes.
- Take out, and cut into pieces small enough to fit in your blender.
- Put enough cauliflower to fill blender about 1/2 way with cauliflower, add about 1/2 the half and half.
- Turn on blender using the liquify button. Stop when it no longer seems to be mixing, and stir with a spoon. Puree until all is.
- liquified. It will look like mashed potatoes.
- Empty this into a dish, and add more cauliflower and half and half to the blender.
- Repeat procedure.
- When all done put potatoes in a glass dish and put in microwave, and heat until bubbling, about 3 minutes.
- Serve with butter on the top, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I used Nu-Salt.
Tasty and healthy. I made a half batch and wish I had measured my cauliflower b/c it was spoon soupy. I did use the liquify button and maybe it should be the lowest setting like Whip? And do think my ratio of cauliflower to liquid was not right. Next time I would make sure I had at least 3 1/2 cups of cauliflower for a half batch and not blend it in a blender, but instead mash it inside the glass dish (I planned on serving it in) with a fork after draining the water off. Then I would stir in the fat free half and half and maybe not even the whole amount of it. I added at least 1/4 teaspoon of pepper to the half batch- we love pepper. I also think with a half batch I could have used the same serving bowl for both microwave steps. I really liked your technique of microwaving the cauliflower. Thanks for sharing Linda's Busy Kitchen. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
This is a great trick I learned a few yeas ago. So yummy and easy and better for the waistline ! The half and half makes a big diff.- very good !