Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is fabulous when used as a marinade for filet mignon. Just pop the meat and marinade in a ziplock baggie and stow in the refrigerator for a few days, turning the bag everytime you go in the fridge for something. Great on the grill! This is much less expensive than buying the little bottles and tastes better too!
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated or 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- Mix ingredients and store in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.
- Optionally, add some rice wine, Up to 1/4 cup.
- Marinate steaks in teriyaki sauce in a ziplock baggie for up to 3 days and then throw them on the grill. Good for flank steak and London broil cuts and wonderful for filet mignon.
- For Ribs, marinate overnight and proceed with smoking or grilling.
- For Chicken marinate 4 to 8 hours.
- For pork chops, marinate 8 – 12 hours depending on how thick they are.
- Also good for stir-fry beef and veggies.