Recipe by Secret Agent
Use any flavor pork loin you enjoy and adjust the seasonings you like. Be prepared to give up the recipe! Serve over a bed of Filomena's Pasta Fresca Recipe 272132 and it becomes very special - Just roll the noodles very thin, cook and then butter them and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Top Review by barrdbarrbarr
I wanted to ask if maybe there is a typo here? I can't imagine baby potatoes and carrots having any remaining consistency at all after 90 minutes on high pressure... UPDATE: This was really good! I set my DH to make it - he misinterpreted a note I had scribbled on the printout and cut the pork loin up into 1-2 inch chunks and then proceeded to cook it for 90 minutes anyway!! Ahhh... DHs. All was not lost, however, because he did brown/sear it first so the pork maintained it's shape. We used chicken stock as it was all we had on hand. The potatoes and carrots were, to our taste, overcooked. I think I would add them halfway through the cooking in future. The dish was indeed tasty, and the pork was incredibly tender. I will try it again, with a few tweaks for personal taste as noted above.
- 2 lbs pork loin, any flavor
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
- 2 garlic cloves, squashed
- 12 tiny new potatoes, scrubbed and a peel removed around it's middle (or yukon)
- 1 lb baby carrots, peeled
- 1 lb button mushroom, washed
- 2 celery ribs, with leaves, scrubbed and sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and cut into wedges from tip to tail, leaving the root bottom intact
- 2 teaspoons herbs, mixed (or what you like)
- 2 cups pork stock (or prepared gravy)
- 1⁄4 cup Wondra Flour, divided if needed to thicken the gravy
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn the pressure cooker up to brown cycle and brown the meat on all sides and the ends Remove the meat to a plate.
- Add the veggies and stir until they get color and the onions are softened somewhat.
- Add the meat back to the pot and add two cups of pork stock (or gravy mix) and set the cooker on High Pressure for 90 minutes. Let cool naturally.
- Remove meat and veggies to a platter and tent with foil.
- Check the pan gravy to see if it needs reaseasoning or thickening. Add a little Wondra and water, whisking and cooking to thicken. To thin just add a few drops of water until it looks just right. If it needs a little more flavor you can add some stock instead of water. We think the loin is perfectly yummy.
- Serve the roast and the veggies over recipe #272132.
- Recipe# 273358 and a little unsalted butter will finish off this recipe nicely.