Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
DH loves these with anything I make for dinner. Fast and easy, politically incorrect, yummy and colorful on the plate! If you want to use any other flavor of jam or marmalade, go for it! Peach or lemon marmalade is very nice.
- 4 carrots, pared and sliced into 1/3 inch thick coins
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Cook the carrots in the water with a pinch of salt and drain, until a knife comes out easily. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the carrots.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low heat until the sauce is as thick as you like it. .