Recipe by Secret Agent
Cole Slaw is pretty good eating with a slab of ribs or at a picnic with burgers. This cole slaw is creamy and very easy to make with the fine shredder disk on your cuisinart. You can shred by hand too, but we like the fine shredder and the fine grater on the Cuisi.
Top Review by O.D. learning new tricks
Secret Agent, Love your recipes! Colorful and healthy! I didn't use quite all the mayo and added a little celery seed, just a personal preference and with the cider vinegar it was fabulous, it adds the perfect "something". Everyone loved it at our 4th of July BBQ. I also used the fine shred disk, too, so much quicker than by hand. Thanks for sharing! OH That carb count is WAY WRONG, it's only a coupla carbs per serving.
The Salad Fixings
- 4 cups shredded raw green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded raw red cabbage
- 1 grated raw carrot
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (Please don't use salad dressing)
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar (to taste, but it should be tangy)
- 6 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the Fixings together, mix the dressing, and toss together.
- Refrigerate overnight, but stir frequently to get that creaminess. Trust me on this, the stirring is how you make it creamy!
- I will use more Splenda sometimes and also use white wine vinegar once in a while. Make this your own.