Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I make these for DH's lunch and he loves them. Easy to make and easy on the budget! You can make up the seasoned flour ahead to save time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts, partially thawed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs or 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons hot dog prepared mustard
- Mix flour and spices in a large zip lock baggie.
- Slice the chicken breasts into 3/4 inch 'fingers' and shake in the baggie of seasoned flour a few fingers at a time.
- Beat eggs and milk together and roll chicken fingers in mixture, shaking off the extra, and immediately roll in the panko crumbs (or bread crumbs).
- Fry in hot crisco until chicken tests done.
- For dip: Mix honey and mustard together.
I made these tonight for the kiddos and I, and I just have to say they are Fantabulous!!!!! They were they easiest thing to put together! I fried my "fingers" in Canola oil since I didn't have any Crisco. Great flavor, love the panko coating! Keeper in our house!! Thanks so much for posting such a wonderful recipe!