1/3 Photos of Linda's English Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
I made this for a cooking contest at my house yesterday for an international dish, and it won First Place!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the croissants into 1" cubes. You should have about 3 1/2 cups.
- 2Place the cubes in an 8x8x3" ovenproof baking dish.
- 3In a saucepan, heat the half and half, cream, and salt over med-high heat, stirring occasionally to make sure the mixture doesn't burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- 4When the cream mixture reaches a fast simmer (do not let it boil), turn off the heat.
- 5Add the chocolate, and whisk until melted.
- 6In a lg. mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together. Whisking constantly, gradually add the hot chocolate-cream mixture.
- 7Strain the mixture over the croissant pieces, and toss lightly. Let sit while the mixture is absorbed, at least 15 minutes As it soaks, fold the mixture a few times to ensure even soaking.
- 8When ready to bake, heat the oven to 350.
- 9Line a roasting pan that is 2" deep, and larger than the baking dish with paper towels.
- 10Fill the pan with very hot water, and place the dish of Bread Pudding inside.
- 11Bake until set, about 65-80 mins., depending on thickness of glass dish. Test periodically every 10 minutes after 60 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean.
- 12Serve warm, with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream on each serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's English Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.5
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 281.6 mg
- Sodium 334.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 11.8 g