Recipe by lindaWWJD
Top Review by Denise!
My family really likes these enchiladas! I did not combine the ground beef with the cheese and olives but layered the beef, olives and cheese on the tortilla and rolled them up. I also added a sprinkling of green onion. Served with sour cream and salsa verde. Thanks for a good recipe!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (Mild or Hot, your choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and onion in large frying pan.
- Combine with olives and cheese in large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Combine sauces in frying pan and keep on low heat. Immerse tortilla in hot sauce mixture holding carefully by edge being careful not to burn fingers.
- Leave in for 30 seconds.
- Remove tortilla and place on plate. Spoon small amount of meat mixture (about 1/3 cup) along edge of tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in 13 x 9 pan.
- Repeat until all tortillas have been used.
- Top with remaining sauce and any left-over meat mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top and lightly cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole. I got this recipe from a Mexican lady in California who could not speak a word of English.
- We did a lot of hand signals.