Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Great for baby and bridal showers, graduations, or any other type of party or family get together. GREAT for weddings too! You can double or triple this recipe, and it works fine. The yield on this recipe depends on how full you stuff the rolls, and how big the rolls are. Try some of my other delicious sandwiches: Linda's Tuna and Olive Sandwich (Sandwiches) or Finger Rolls Linda's Ham Salad Sandwich (Sandwiches) or Finger Rolls Linda's Bean and Mayonnaise Sandwich (Sandwiches)
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, finely mashed
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely diced
- 15 green olives, finely diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) can shrimp, drained, and shredded between your fingers (optional)
- 2 -3 dozen finger rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Put eggs in water, and make sure water is covering eggs. Add 1 teaspoons of salt to water. Cover, and bring to a boil.
- When water starts to boil, take off burner, and let sit for 15 minutes Drain water.
- Tap the eggs on the counter when you are ready to peel, to break the shell, and under cold running water, peel the egg. This helps the shell to come off easier.
- Mash eggs and whites, using a fork. Make sure there are no lg. pieces of egg white. Mash them good. Chill in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, add the mayonnaise and mustard together, and mix well. Add to the eggs, along with the onion and olives. If using shrimp, add at this time as well.
- Salt and pepper, to taste. Mix all well, and chill. (Be careful with the salt, as the olives and shrimp are salty).
- To Make Sandwiches:.
- Stuff with as much filling as you like, and top with a lettuce leaf.
- Cut sandwich, and serve.
- To Make Finger Rolls:.
- Stuff with as much filling as you like.
- Sprinkle with paprika, and top with a couple of olive slices on each one, if you really like olives.