Recipe by LindaPulley619
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This recipe is something I threw together with just a few basic simple ingredients. Very tasty and sure to be a keeper for your recipe collection. It is perfect for cold rainy days, main course or perfect for lunch. You can serve it over rice but I like my rice on the side because the rice will absorb the soup. You may add more ingredients or spices to your liking but I like to keep it simple for the picky eaters in the house. I hope everyone will enjoy it as much as my family did.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes, diced (any variety )
- 8 -10 chicken thighs (uncooked )
- 1 (26 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (26 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, empty both cans of soup. Fill one of the cans with water and empty into the pot. Stir well, put a lid on and simmer on low/medium heat.
- In a regular sized frying pan over medium/high heat , heat up the 1 cup of vegetable oil. Place about half of the chicken thighs in the heated oil and brown on both sides. (You don't have to cook the chicken all the way, just brown on both sides because the chicken will cook the rest of the way in the soup) Place browned chicken in the soup mixture. Repeat until all the chicken is browned.
- Cook the chicken in the soup pot for 1 1/2 hours on low heat with the lid on stirring every 20 minutes.
- After 1 1/2 hours, add Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.