Recipe by HeatherFeather
One of my mother-in-law's friends brought this delicious dip to a party and I had to have the recipe. Please only use full fat ingredients in this and real crabmeat. If you are lucky enough to have some fresh cooked crab meat, then you may certainly use that in place of canned-just don't use the "fake crab" as a substitute as it just won't taste the same. The size of the can is the same as a regular tuna fish can-I will update the exact size next time I make this. Note:The leftover dip is also great as a sandwich spread on a lightly toasted bagel with lettuce & tomato.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sour cream (full fat)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup Hellman's mayonnaise (full fat)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (green can kind is fine)
- 1 can real crabmeat (do NOT use fake crab)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain off any crab juices and flake the crab meat in a bowl-the crab meat should be broken up into fine pieces.
- Add sour cream,mayo, and cheese to the crab and mix together well.
- Pour into an ovenproof round deep baking dish (approx 1 quart size), lid off, and bake until bubbly and very lightly browned on top, approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with potato chips.