Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comfort food is good anytime, but don't forget about it when company comes, because it's DELISH!
- 226.79 g fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 709.77 ml cut-up assorted fresh vegetables, I use onion, broccoli, Italian green beans, cauliflower, and green peppers
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 236.59 ml milk
- 113.39 g cream cheese, cubed, 1/3 less fat is fine
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta as directed on pkg., adding vegetables during last 3 minutes of pasta cooking time, and drain.
- Heat oil in skillet on med. heat. Add chicken and cook and stir 8 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken, and set aside.
- Heat milk, cream cheese, and 3/4 cups of the Parmesan cheese in skillet, on low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Toss with pasta mixture and chicken.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
Yummers! This is so good! I used linguine, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, green and red bell pepper, squash, zucchini and mushrooms. Basicaly cleaned out the fridge, lol. Great meal and I look forward to having it again. Thanks Linda for a great keeper. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet special.
My family and I totally loved this A_M_A_Z_I_N_G chicken! The creamy sauce along with the cheeses make it one that will stand out in your mind, because it tastes so good you'll want to make it over and over again! It's comfort all the way, yet elegant enough to make for a special meal or for company. It's great with either fettuccine or rice. I have made it with both, and got compliments galore with both!
We made this last night for dinner and it was delicious with DH requesting we make it again but to use more milk (to make more sauce) and as I used 750 grams of chicken to scale that back to 500 grams (about 1lb) and I also used 5 cups of vegetables (brocolli, cauliflower, carrot and sweet potatoe) and 1 1/4 cups of parmesan (1 cup in the mix and 1/4 to sprinkle over) but everything else remained the same and we had enough to easily feed 6 (so guess what's for lunch). Thank you Linda's Busy Kitchen. Recipenapped for Recipe Swap #14 - March 2008)