This comfort food is good anytime, but don't forget about it when company comes, because it's DELISH!
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups cut-up assorted fresh vegetables, I use onion, broccoli, Italian green beans, cauliflower, and green peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed, 1/3 less fat is fine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta as directed on pkg., adding vegetables during last 3 minutes of pasta cooking time, and drain.
- Heat oil in skillet on med. heat. Add chicken and cook and stir 8 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken, and set aside.
- Heat milk, cream cheese, and 3/4 cups of the Parmesan cheese in skillet, on low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Toss with pasta mixture and chicken.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.