Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This comfort food is good anytime, but don't forget about it when company comes, because it's DELISH!
Top Review by lazyme
Yummers! This is so good! I used linguine, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, green and red bell pepper, squash, zucchini and mushrooms. Basicaly cleaned out the fridge, lol. Great meal and I look forward to having it again. Thanks Linda for a great keeper. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet special.
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups cut-up assorted fresh vegetables, I use onion, broccoli, Italian green beans, cauliflower, and green peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed, 1/3 less fat is fine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed on pkg., adding vegetables during last 3 minutes of pasta cooking time, and drain.
- Heat oil in skillet on med. heat. Add chicken and cook and stir 8 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken, and set aside.
- Heat milk, cream cheese, and 3/4 cups of the Parmesan cheese in skillet, on low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Toss with pasta mixture and chicken.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.