Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
You haven't had ribs till you try these!
- 4 -5 lbs country-style pork ribs or 4 -5 lbs ribs, of your choice
- 2 liters Dr. Pepper cola, do NOT use diet
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 large onion, halved, and sliced
- barbecue sauce, I use Lloyd'sBarbecue Sauce and I use Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
- Place ribs in lg. stock pot, and pour Dr. Pepper over ribs to cover.
- Add garlic, liquid smoke, and onion. Bring to a boil, lower to simmer, and cook until ribs are tender, 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Place ribs in a baking pan, and pour BBQ sauce over ribs. Do NOT cover.
- Bake at 350, for about 35-45 mins., or they can be put on the grill, and grill over med-low. heat until the ribs glaze over, 10-20 minutes.
- Makes 4 servings.
This is a good basic rib recipe. I used boneless pork ribs and cooked the recipe as written. I have to admit that I could not notice the flavor of the Dr. Pepper in the ribs, but it was good. Thank you for sharing.