1/5 Photos of Linda's Coconut Cream Almond Joy Easter Eggs
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
Easter just doesn't get any better than this! These eggs are FABULOUS... If you need a chocolate fix these are good anytime!Great project to make with the kids. Be prepared to make an afternoon of it! Please try my other recipes for Easter Eggs too! Linda's Butter Cream Easter Eggs and Linda's Peanut Butter Easter Eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the butter and cream cheese together. (I put mine in the microwave for 30-45 secs. until softened).
- 2Add the confectionary sugar about 1 cup at a time, salt, and vanilla, and mix well. (I use my hands).
- 3Add the coconut, and mix until well blended. (I use my hands).
- 4Place the mixture in the freezer to chill for at least 20 minutes.
- 5Take out of the freezer and form into egg shapes with your hands. (It is helpful to put some confectionary sugar on your hands so the eggs don't stick to them, when rolling out the dough).
- 6Place each egg on a cookie sheet, covered with aluminum foil.
- 7When you are done, add 2 nuts on the top of each egg, pressing in slightly, so they don't fall out.
- 8Place in the freezer again for at least 25 minutes.
- 9Melt the chocolate in a a double boiler.
- 10Dip the bottom of the egg into the chocolate, then place it on a small flat dish.
- 11Take a lg. spoon, and spoon some melted chocolate on top, spreading around with a butter knife. Make sure you don't get it on too thick, or you won't have enough for the whole batch.
- 12To put the egg on the cookie sheet, use a sharp knife, and run it under the egg to transfer to the cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- 13When done making eggs, put in the freezer for a few minutes to harden.
- 14Place each egg in pastel paper cupcake cups.
- 15Store in the refrigerator, covered with aluminum foil.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Coconut Cream Almond Joy Easter Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.0
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 48.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g