Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Oh man, these are a comfort food that goes with just about anything! I have been known to eat them by themselves :) This is definately one you will want to add to your recipe collection!
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! I love roasted garlic mashed potatoes and these were great with the sour cream added. Simple and good. Thanks Linda for a nice keeper. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet special.
- 6 large potatoes, diced into lg. cubes
- 1 large head of garlic, roasted in the oven
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup sour cream, I use light
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the top of the garlic bulb, and place on the middle rack in the oven. Bake until bulbs start to pop out of the skins, about 20-25 minutes.
- After the garlic bulb is roasted in the oven, remove, and squeeze the bulb, and the garlic will pop out of each finger.
- Put roasted garlic pieces into a dish, and mash, or chop up fine. Set aside.
- While the garlic is roasting, cook potatoes in a lg. pan, just covering with water for about 25 mins., or until fork inserts easliy when inserted. Drain well, put cover on, and set aside.
- To drained potatoes, add roasted garlic, butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Mash with a hand masher. I use a rubber spatulda to break up potatoes a little more. You don't want them completely mashed like regular mashed potatoes.