Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Oh man, these are a comfort food that goes with just about anything! I have been known to eat them by themselves :) This is definately one you will want to add to your recipe collection!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the top of the garlic bulb, and place on the middle rack in the oven. Bake until bulbs start to pop out of the skins, about 20-25 minutes.
- After the garlic bulb is roasted in the oven, remove, and squeeze the bulb, and the garlic will pop out of each finger.
- Put roasted garlic pieces into a dish, and mash, or chop up fine. Set aside.
- While the garlic is roasting, cook potatoes in a lg. pan, just covering with water for about 25 mins., or until fork inserts easliy when inserted. Drain well, put cover on, and set aside.
- To drained potatoes, add roasted garlic, butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Mash with a hand masher. I use a rubber spatulda to break up potatoes a little more. You don't want them completely mashed like regular mashed potatoes.
Yum! I love roasted garlic mashed potatoes and these were great with the sour cream added. Simple and good. Thanks Linda for a nice keeper. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet special.
I make these sometimes. I take the head of the garlic off and add a little bit of olive oil on it. Wrap garlic in foil and roast for an hour at 350 degrees. Just squeeze the garlic out of the wrappers and whip with potatoes. Only difference is I use milk instead of sour cream. With some seasoning salt.
I tried your moms roast and decided on your garlic mashed taters! These were so good! Rich and deliciously flavored. My DS wanted seconds and then thirds. Good thing I made 1 1/2 x the recipe so we could have more!