Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Love making recipes with add-ins to my popcorn, and this one is sure to please young and old alike! You can add nuts too if you like them. I especially like peanuts, cashews and pecans with this recipe. Cooking time does not include time taken to pop popcorn.
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup (light or dark)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, your favorite (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Place popped popcorn in a large roasting pan. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, cook sugar, corn syrup and butter, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until melted.
- Pour over popcorn, and mix together well.
- Put in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- If adding nuts, do so now, and mix into mixture with a large spoon.
- Spoon onto waxed paper to cool, stir to separate.
- Store in a large plastic container or put into baggies.