1/4 Photos of Linda's Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
Looking for something fun to make for Valentine's Day or Easter? Grab your holiday sprinkles, and have fun! These are a yummy treat for kids and adults alike! I made these for co-workers and family members during the holidays, and put some in gift baskets for Christmas. You can also change the M&M's and use the pastel colored ones for Easter to put in the kiddies Easter Baskets... You can make them for any of the holidays, by just using different holiday jimmies and candies... I wrapped in green and red saran wrap and tied with a coordinating ribbon for Christmas. They look pretty enough to put on top of Christmas presents or packages, use as party favors for kids, or as a place setting using a name tag tied with a ribbon to each one, so the kids know where their seats are. I have dipped them in caramel and then chocolate and sprinkled with nuts and M&M's. I have also used chopped candy bars such as Butterfingers. You could even use the little cinnamon hot red candies for Valentine's Day! Or put those cute candy hearts with the little sayings down the front with some sprinkles. The sky is the limit. Use your imagination, and I am sure they will work fine for you too. Great to do as a fun day with the kiddies too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) box pretzel sticks
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) container candy sprinkles (I used the little red and green christmas trees for the holidays)
- 1Put the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler.
- 2Put water in the bottom pan, and heat the water, to melt the chocolate chips in the top pan.
- 3When chips are melted, take off stove, and dip pretzel rods first in the chocolate to about half way down the rod, then dip the tip into the sprinkles about 2" down the chocolate, and lay on waxed paper.
- 4Let the chocolate harden a good 1/2 hour.
- 5I wrapped mine individually in green saran wrap for the holidays, to keep them fresh.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 141.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: