Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I use this on crab rangoon, chicken fingers, spare ribs, egg rolls, marinated chicken wings, beef teriyaki, chicken teriyaki, and of course rice.
Top Review by thurstondonnie
My DW made up this sauce to go with our rolls Recipe #319350. This sauce is SO much better than the commercial stuff you get in those tiny packets made from pineapple or something as ridiculous as that. I like the dark duck sauce that is popular in the northeast made from apples and plums. Not that orange crap that tastes like chemicals. You know the kind I'm talking about. The ones in the little packets they give you for take out in so many places across the states. Anyway, this one blows the others out of the water! This will be our standby from now on, you can bet on that! Don
- 5 cups mixed fruit, peeled and chopped (apples or plums or both)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combined all ingredients in a med-sized pan, and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down, and simmer uncovered until all the fruit is very soft, about 30 mins., or longer.
- When room temperature, mix well. (I use my blender).
- Put in a container, and store in the refrigerator.