Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This meaty stew really "Hits The Spot" when it's cold outside... Make along with some of my Grammie Bea's Herbed Dumplings, and you have a meal "Fit For A King"! Delish!
- 3 lbs chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 onions, halved
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- Put chicken in a lg. pot, and cover with water to 1" over chicken.
- Cook on med. heat, for 1 1/2 hours.
- After 1 1/2 hrs., add cut vegetables, and cook for 1/2 hours.
- As you are cooking, add more water to keep chicken covered.
- Remove veggies and chicken from stock.
- Mix 1 T. of cornstarch with 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. Add to boiling chicken stock.
- Return chicken to pot, and cook 5 minutes longer, to thicken.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
This is a cinch to make and each spoonful is so tasty it has you going back for more! I made the dumplings to go with it and oh what comfort they brought. What a great duo to have together Linda! This recipe is going to my Zaar Cookbook of recipes and you can bet it will be made often. Thanks!