Recipe by chris_tam
This chicken dish can be rolled up or to save time you really don't have to. I normally don't roll mine up. This recipe is delicious!
Top Review by Recipe USA
I lost this recipe, so was very happy to see it posted here. We used to have this very often and somewhere along the line, recipe got misplaced. This is a wonderful, tasty, creamy, COMFORT food at it's best -- served over noodles or rice. I like it both ways. Thanks!!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil or 2 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- toothpick (optional)
- egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken breasts on top of wax paper with a meat mallet. Dip in mixed egg and cover with bread crumbs. Fry in vegetable or olive oil just until breasts are brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken breasts to a baking pan. Fry mushrooms in same pan chicken browned in - add a little more oil first and get hot. Add cooked mushrooms and cheese to center of breasts and roll up (or don't roll up). Keep in place with toothpick's.
- In separate bowl, mix soups together (add maybe 3/4 can of water) and then pour over chicken. Sprinkle a little cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake at 350°F about 1 hour or until chicken breasts are done.
- Sever over a bed of cooked egg noodles.