1/2 Photos of Linda's Chicken Marsala
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This recipe is great for a special dinner when you are having company, but don't forget to serve it to your family too, as they will love it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 -2 sprig fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups marsala wine
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Flatten the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of saran wrap, and pound with a meat mallet until thin. (You can use the edge of a can of soup, if you don't have a meat mallet. It's important that you pound the breasts to an equal thickness, so they cook evenly).
- 2Slice the mushrooms into thin slices. Set aside.
- 3Finely chop shallots to equal 1/2 cup. Set aside.
- 4Chop the parsley. Set aside.
- 5Mix the flour with the next 7 ingredients in the recipe.
- 6To Cook:.
- 7Add the butter to a lg. saute pan. Over med. heat, melt the butter, and add the mushrooms. After 2 mins., add the shallots. Cook until lightly browned, about 6-10 minutes Remove the mushrooms and shallots, and reserve.
- 8Add enough oil to the pan, so it makes a layer across the bottom. Add more as needed.
- 9Put the heat on high, until the oil gets nice and hot, then turn down to med-high.
- 10Saute the breasts for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side. (Remember the chicken breasts will cook fast because they are thin. Make sure you don't overcrowd the pan, or the chicken will boil instead of saute).
- 11Remove the breasts from the pan, reserve on a platter, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 12Add the Marsala wine to the same pan to deglaze, scraping the small bits of chicken stuck to the pan. (Marsala is a wine and contains alcohol, so be careful when adding it to a hot pan. Better to remove the pan from the heat when deglazing any pan with wine.).
- 13Turn the heat down to medium, and simmer until slightly reduced, approximately 2 minutes.
- 14To thicken sauce, mix 3 T. cold water with 3 teaspoons cornstarch in a small bowl. Slowly add to the sauce, and stir until it thickens a little. If it isn't thick enough for your taste, add more cornstarch and water mix.
- 15If it is too thick for your taste, add more wine, a little at a time.
- 16Add the reserved mushrooms to the pan.
- 17Season with salt, pepper, and half of the parsley.
- 18Plate the chicken breasts, and top with Marsala sauce.
- 19Sprinkle with the rest of the parsley, for garnish.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 691.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 289.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 32.3 g