Recipe by Secret Agent
I make this ahead of time for a no-stress fast dessert. Try making this for your kids and watch their eyes pop out in amazement. Everyone will think you are a genius! As most of my recipes, this one will let you change ingredients to your own tastebuds. You can make these very quickly and they are make-ahead desserts that will WOW everyone.
- 1⁄2 gallon neapolitan ice cream, softened
- 12 chocolate-covered cherries, with liquid centers
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 (7 ounce) bottles Magic Shell ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio nut, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 1/2 sheet pan with parchment and put it in the freezer.
- Use an ice cream scoop to proportion the bombs.
- Carefully center a chocolate covered cherry into each scoop being careful to get it level on the bottom and being careful not to push the cherry through to the top. Scrape any excess ice cream off and put a cookie flat side down covering the bottom. I have made these without the cookies several times and they still work great! You can even use sponge cake but I think the cookies are better for this dessert.
- Put the bombs on the frozen cookie sheet as you make them being sure to keep them frozen.
- When you are done assembling them freeze them solid overnight and then store them in a zip freezer bag.
- The day you want to serve them: Cover them with Magic Shell, sprinkle some chopped pistachio nuts on top before the shell hardens, working fast. Pop them back into the freezer as you cover them and let them set up.
- Melt the raspberry jam and strain out the seeds. Drizzle some jam onto your serving plates and then zig zag a squirt or two of chocolate syrup onto the plate to make a pretty design and sprinkle a teeny bit of pistacho nuts on the plate edge.
- Place one or two bombs on the plate.
- Make sure your guests have a table knife and a spoon.
- Watch their delight as they attack this Neopolitan dessert!