OMG.. These are like heaven in your mouth! Talk about great taste sensations... I made these for one of my cooking and recipe events that I hold monthly, and these were a HUGE hit... A must try for sure! You can use low fat cream cheese to make these lighter if you like. You can also dip the ends with any kind of finely chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs, sprinkles, or dip the ends in chocolate or drizzle with chocolate. You might even try adding some cocoa powder to the cream cheese and make it a chocolate filling. The sky is the limit here, just use your imagination!
- Place cream cheese in a bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds, so that it's soft.
- Whip together the cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar.
- In the center of each strawberry, using a sharp knife, make a hole in each one, as deep as you can without going out the bottom.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into each hole.
- Dip cheesecake end of strawberry into chopped almonds, making sure you completely cover the cheesecake filling with the nuts.
- Lay strawberries in a pretty serving dish.
- Sprinkle with any leftover nuts around the dish.
- Chill, and serve.
- Makes 24 servings.