Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This AWESOME sticky roast pork, is a GREAT with LOTS of flavor! I wanted to share this recipe with you, because it is SO GOOD and simple to make! This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger crowd.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 1⁄2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine (Mirin)
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy bean paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Using a sharp knife, make slashes along the top and bottom of the pork fillet.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, and marinade the pork for 2-3 hrs., or overnight if you can.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Drain the pork from its marinade, and place on a rack set over a roasting pan, half-filled with hot water.
- Cook the pork for about 15 minutes, then coat with some sauce.
- Turn the meat over so it colors on all sides. Baste regularly with the extra marinade while cooking.
- Cook for 15-25 more minutes more, testing at 15 minutes to see if it's done to your liking.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to distribute juices, then slice into 1/4" pieces, and serve.