Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this dish for some company that I had for dinner. Everyone really enjoyed them. The flavor is spicy enough to add flavor, but not hot... Just delicious!
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 8 lean pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- Place the water, lemon juice, onion, brown sugar, green onions, oil, salt, allspice, cinnamon, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper into a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 cup of this mixture in a small bowl. Cover, and refrigerate, to use for basting.
- Place chops in shallow or plastic dish. Pour remaining marinade over pork. Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hrs., but no longer than 24 hours (I do mine overnight).
- Heat coals or gas grill.
- Remove pork from marinade, and add marinade over the top of each chop. Cover, and grill pork 4-5" on med. heat.
- Turn chops frequently, and brush with reserved 1/2 cup of marinade.
- Cook until med. done (160F/71C), and slightly pink when cut near bone, about 8-11 minutes (I do mine about 10 mins.).
- Take off the grill when done, and serve.