Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
These delicious Caramel Apples are just the thing to make when you want something quick and easy to make for Halloween, or for a party!
Top Review by Me In My Pantry
I made these for my son to bring to the church Halloween Party and they went over like gangbusters! The kids swarmed around the table grabbing their favorites till they were all gone! I made with crushed nuts and mini chocolate chips and some with crushed Butterfingers and nuts. What a hit!
- 12 large granny smith apples
- 12 craft sticks
- 2 (793.78 g) packageindividually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 59.16 ml milk
- 473.18 ml chopped peanuts or 473.18 ml walnuts or 473.18 ml cashews or 473.18 ml pecans
- Snickers candy bars or Butterfinger bar, chopped into small pieces (optional) or M&M's plain chocolate candy or mini chocolate chips or toffee pieces, brickle (optional) or any other of your favorite decorative candies (optional) or chocolate candy bar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stem from each apple, and press a craft stick into the top, and almost through the apple.
- Butter a lg. baking sheet.
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes until caramels are melted, stirring once or twice during cooking time, Allow to cool briefly.
- Roll each apple in caramel sauce, until well coated.
- Roll in chopped nuts, candy bars, or candy pieces, and let set on baking sheet, until cool.