Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I created this recipe today, and it is absolutely WONDERFUL... It's not hot, just has GREAT FLAVOR! Try it, it's one you'll want to put in your "KEEPER" file! Crispy and tasty too... Doesn't get much better than that!
- 4 lbs chicken, split in half
- 2 tablespoons Tony Chachere's Seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, divided
- 2 teaspoons thyme, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut chicken in half lengthwise with a sharp knife, and wash well.
- Sprinkle ingredient all over the chicken halves (top and bottom) in the order given.
- Bake for 60 minutes using convection oven, and 75-90 minutes using regular oven.
Lord have mercy, this chicken was excellent! We had it along with a summer squash dish and mashed potatoes. The spice combination here is just delicious, and makes for a nice crispy chicken packed with lots of flavor. DH says this is a keeper, and I have to agree!!!