Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
These cookies are wonderful additions to your cookie and dessert trays for the holidays! Just delicious! Cookies may be made in advance and frozen. The cooking time is per tray.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I wanted to make a "nut cookie" and I chose this one because of the low baking temp. It did indeed produce a "melt in your mouth" texture! I did sift my flour, too. My daughter really liked them, too, and she is choosy about her cookies! I am going to make some more and use for my cookie exchange. Thanks so much, Linda, for a recipe I am going to make every year! Roxygirl
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, mashed
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Cream butter thoroughly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except confectionary sugar. Mix well.
- Roll into walnut size balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Roll in confectionary sugar immediately, and cool on waxed paper.