1/5 Photos of Linda's Butter Cream Easter Eggs
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the butter and cream cheese together.
- 2(I put in the microwave for 30-45 secs. to soften).
- 3Add the confectionary sugar about 1 cup at a time, along with vanilla, and mix well. (I use my hands).
- 4Place the mixture in the freezer to chill for at least 20 minutes (You want it firm, but not frozen, so check it from time to time).
- 5Form the mixture into egg shapes with your hands. (It is helpful to put some confectionary sugar on your hands so the eggs don't stick to them).
- 6When you are done making the eggs, put them in freezer again for at least 25 minutes.
- 7Melt the chocolate in a a double boiler.
- 8Dip the bottom of the egg into the chocolate, then place it on a small flat dish. Take a spoon, and spoon some melted chocolate on top, spreading around with a butter knife. (Make sure you don't get it on too thick, or you won't have enough for the whole batch).
- 9Arrange the chocolate coated eggs on an aluminum foil paper lined tray.
- 10When done making eggs, put in the freezer for a few minutes to harden eggs.
- 11Place each egg in a pastel colored paper cupcake cup.
- 12Store in the refrigerator, covered with aluminum foil.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Butter Cream Easter Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.0
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 60.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g