Prep1 hr 30 mins
Cook1 hr 30 mins
These eggs are really "WONDERFUL"... What a great idea to make with the kids for Easter! Try these, you will absolutely LOVE THEM! Please try my other recipes for Easter Eggs! Linda's Coconut Cream Almond Joy Easter Eggs and Linda's Peanut Butter Easter Eggs.
- Mix the butter and cream cheese together.
- (I put in the microwave for 30-45 secs. to soften).
- Add the confectionary sugar about 1 cup at a time, along with vanilla, and mix well. (I use my hands).
- Place the mixture in the freezer to chill for at least 20 minutes (You want it firm, but not frozen, so check it from time to time).
- Form the mixture into egg shapes with your hands. (It is helpful to put some confectionary sugar on your hands so the eggs don't stick to them).
- When you are done making the eggs, put them in freezer again for at least 25 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a a double boiler.
- Dip the bottom of the egg into the chocolate, then place it on a small flat dish. Take a spoon, and spoon some melted chocolate on top, spreading around with a butter knife. (Make sure you don't get it on too thick, or you won't have enough for the whole batch).
- Arrange the chocolate coated eggs on an aluminum foil paper lined tray.
- When done making eggs, put in the freezer for a few minutes to harden eggs.
- Place each egg in a pastel colored paper cupcake cup.
- Store in the refrigerator, covered with aluminum foil.