This is a GREAT idea for Halloween Party FUN! Bring these sweet little morsels to your next Halloween Party and they will be the HIT of the party! Preparation time does not include setting and chill time.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, peanut butter, and butter.
- Shape into 1" balls, and place on a waxed paper lined pan.
- Chill for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt white candy coating. Stir until smooth.
- Dip balls in coating, and place on waxed paper.
- Immediately press one Reese's Pieces or M&M candy on top of each eyeball for pupils. Let stand for 30 minutes, or until set.
- In a small bowl combine water, food coloring, and confectioners sugar. Mix well.
- Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag.
- Cut a small whole in a corner of the bag.
- Pipe wavy lines downward from the candy, creating the look of bloodshot eyes.
- Store eye balls in an airtight container.
A close friend and I made these together for Halloween while watching scary movies. These were alot of fun to make and I appreciate the fact that their so simple but end up looking so neat! I followed your directions exactly, only thing I did different was to busy red icing rather than making it. They turned out great and even tasted better than I thought they would, super rich though. I would definitely make these again! Thanks so much for the recipe :)
My loathing for peanut butter is pretty strong, but it mattered little because I made them for my childrens' Halloween parties at school. They each tried one pre- and post-chocolate and loved them. I added smashed Oreo cookies to the mixture before rolling them (and consequently had to add more PB) and everybody seemed pretty happy with them; the taste as well as the aesthetic. Thank you for a lovely recipe.
These came out to be really good. Everyone at work enjoyed them. Not one was left when the party was over.