Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
Beef Stroganoff is my favorite meal, and this is one that I have made time and again. I just LOVE IT! Creamy and rich with lots of flavor, you should try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, the more the better, cut in 1/2 and sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 lb noodles or 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream, light is fine
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet, to color gravy
- 1Put water on to boil for pasta. Add 2 T. salt to water. When water comes to a boil, add pasta of your choice, and cook according to the pkg. directions, until al dente. When done, drain and set aside.
- 2In the meantime:.
- 3Cook onions in pan using enough margarine so they don't stick to the pan.
- 4When onions are soft, add ground beef. Fry until cooked through. Drain off any excess grease.
- 5Turn to med-high heat, and add mushrooms (drained) and soup, and mix well.
- 6Stir in 2 cups of water, add beef bouillon, and mix into the water. Stir all, and let cook for a few minutes. If it starts bubbling too hard, turn heat down to med.
- 7In a measuring cup, mix 4 T. of constarch with about 1/4 cup of COLD water. When you add this to the mixure, you want the mixture to become thick. (Keep in mind you will be adding sour cream which will thin the sauce, so thicken accordingly). Add more constarch and water mixture, if needed.
- 8Turn heat down to low, and add sour cream. Do NOT BOIL or cook on high, or it will curdle.
- 9Season with pepper and salt, as desired.
- 10Add Kitchen Bouquet, and mix in to get a nice dark color for the sauce.
- 11Plate pasta, and pour stroganoff over the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (671 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 995.3
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 232.6 mg
- Sodium 676.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 55.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: