Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My sister-in-law took some of her bean salad to my mom and I tasted it. After that, I had to have the recipe and called her right away. This is great for picnics, potlucks, or anytime. I suggest making it a day ahead, as it is so much tastier then. Not sure of the servings, since she just brought a serving to my mom. Cooking time is the refrigeration time to chill.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, minced
- 12 green olives, chopped small
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Dump drained and rinsed beans into a bowl. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over the beans and stir it around well.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- This is better the next day.
There is something unpalatable about this recipe. The soft hard boiled eggs mixed with the starchy beans in a cold yogurt dressing is very unappealing. I found the feel of it in my mouth repulsive and the flavor was blah. Sorry. I wanted to like it because it fits into the WW CORE program.