Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
One day my friend at work brought this in for lunch. I turned my nose up at it, and laughed as she told me how delicious it was... The next day she made me one, and made me try it... I was hooked on the first bite...Try it...I bet you will get hooked too! I would not use black beans on this recipe. I use Friends or Bush's baked beans. Try some of my other delicious sandwiches: Linda's Tuna and Olive Sandwich (Sandwiches) or Finger Rolls Linda's Ham Salad Sandwich (Sandwiches) or Finger Rolls Linda's Egg Salad Sandwich (Sandwiches) or Finger Rolls
- 2 slices bread, I use white
- canned pea beans (out of the can or fridge, NOT HEATED, and drained of any extra juice) or canned navy beans, as many as you like, loaded about 1-inch thick. (out of the can or fridge, NOT HEATED, and drained of any extra juice)
- mayonnaise, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a generous amount of mayonnaise on both slices of bread.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, onto the mayonnaise.
- Put a generous amount of beans onto one slice of bread.
- Put top slice of bread onto sandwich, cut and eat.
- This is truly delicious.
- Try it!
- You just might like it.
- Note: You can add onion and/or bacon to this sandwich for variation, or how about chow chow or relish.