1 hr 15 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
I love salt water taffy, and always pick up some when I go to the beach... Here is a GREAT recipe for those who would like to make your own! Serving size depends on how lg. you cut your pieces. I love using peppermint, and mint flavoring. Sometimes I also mix in finely chopped nuts to the taffy at the end of the pulling, depending on what kind I am making. Experiment with your favorite choices... It's a REAL TREAT!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy 3 quart saucepan, combing sugar, corn syrup, and water. Place over high heat, stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking to 260°F, which is hard ball stage using your candy thermometer.
- 3Remove from heat, add salt and butter. Pour into buttered 15x10" pan. Allow to cool about 20 minutes
- 4In the meantime mix the confectionary sugar and cornstarch together well, and set aside.
- 5Sprinkle the desired coloring and flavoring that you want to use over the candy.
- 6Knead the flavoring/coloring into the candy, then pull candy slowly until your hands are about 18" apart.
- 7Fold taffy in half, and continue pulling and folding the taffy, until candy is hard, about 20-30 minutes
- 8Candy will look smooth and satin-like when it is ready.
- 9Form into 1/2-3/4" thick rope pieces, by rolling on the counter using your hands.
- 10Using a sharp pair of scissors, cut rope into bite sized pieces.
- 11Allow to drop onto surface which has been dusted with a mixture of the confectionary sugar and cornstarch.
- 12Wrap individually in waxed paper squares, and store in an air tight container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Beachin Salt Water Taffy
Serving Size: 1 (1146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: