Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This is one of my FAVORITE dishes. Quick delicious and tasty enough to serve to company anytime! Sometimes I pour extra melted butter with some malt or apple cider vinegar mixed in, over the top of the shrimp before serving. It gives it a very nice flavor!
Top Review by Patty Wheeler
This is the way I make mine too, and I've experimented a lot with adding minced dried onion, marjoram, paprika, and or garlic to the stuffing in small amounts. All are good, if I'm careful to use a light hand with the spices. I've also added canned or frozen crabmeat, but strangely enough I liked it best without. Just the way it's written here is DELICIOUS though, I just can't help experimenting! I'm heading to the freezer right now to take out a bag of shrimp! Thanks Linda!
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 37 Ritz crackers, crackers (1 sleeve)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shrimp, tails up, in a glass baking dish, big enough to hold all. I use individual baking dishes, single serving size, and put 4 shrimp in each dish.
- Crush crackers, and put them in a bowl.
- Add the melted margarine to the crackers, and squirt in some lemon. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put cracker crumbs on top of the shrimp, and squeeze some more lemon over top, depending on how much you like lemon. I love lots, the more the better!
- Bake in a 350 oven, for 30-40 mins., or until cracker crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges.