Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my FAVORITE dishes. Quick delicious and tasty enough to serve to company anytime! Sometimes I pour extra melted butter with some malt or apple cider vinegar mixed in, over the top of the shrimp before serving. It gives it a very nice flavor!
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 37 Ritz crackers, crackers (1 sleeve)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place shrimp, tails up, in a glass baking dish, big enough to hold all. I use individual baking dishes, single serving size, and put 4 shrimp in each dish.
- Crush crackers, and put them in a bowl.
- Add the melted margarine to the crackers, and squirt in some lemon. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put cracker crumbs on top of the shrimp, and squeeze some more lemon over top, depending on how much you like lemon. I love lots, the more the better!
- Bake in a 350 oven, for 30-40 mins., or until cracker crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This is the way I make mine too, and I've experimented a lot with adding minced dried onion, marjoram, paprika, and or garlic to the stuffing in small amounts. All are good, if I'm careful to use a light hand with the spices. I've also added canned or frozen crabmeat, but strangely enough I liked it best without. Just the way it's written here is DELICIOUS though, I just can't help experimenting! I'm heading to the freezer right now to take out a bag of shrimp! Thanks Linda!
This was really easy to put together quickly. I made it one night for my husband when the kids were all out and about. He loved it, but I just thought it was OK. It sounds like maybe this is just my personal preference - that I would rather have my shrimp "naked" or with a thinner sauce of some sort. I didn't like the crackers. I'm giving it 5 stars because my husband liked it so well.
This was an awesome dinner! Awesome!!! The richness of the crackers paired with the lemon and butter made for one delicious entree to serve to my guests. Everyone raved about how good it was and my friend couldn't believe how easy it was to make. She went home with the recipe. It is now in my favorites to try again and again!