Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love seafood, and this is one of my FAVORITES!!! This is a restaurant quality recipe, that I hope you enjoy with your family and friends!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups Ritz cracker crumbs (Hi Ho will do also, or any other butter cracker)
- 2 (1 1/2-2 lb) live maine lobsters
- 1 cup fresh crabmeat, cooked, flaked or 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1 lemon, juice of
- butter, melted
- 1 lemons or 1 cider vinegar, to taste, for drawn butter
- In a lg. bowl, mix melted butter into cracker crumbs and garlic powder.
- Split the lobsters down the center, and remove the insides of the head, stomach, and black vein on upper side of tail.
- Add the crabmeat to the cracker crumb mixture. Mix well.
- Stuff lobsters with cracker mixture.
- Squeeze lemon over crumbs, and bake for 20 mins., at 450.
- Serve with drawn butter, with lemon or cider vinegar mixed into the butter. Gives the butter and lobster a tangy delicious flavor.
Being a lobster lover, I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into this lobster. What an awesome idea for our anniversary dinner! I used lemon in with the butter and added some salt in too. Amazing stuff to dip each piece into! The stuffing was so good that I can't wait to make this again for my family this summer when they come up from Florida. Those rock lobsters don't in any way compare in taste to fresh Maine lobstahs! They are gonna love this!
We love our lobster and this recipe is one we will treasure. Excellent flavors and to die for stuffing! Perfect along with our Greek salad!
Lobster perfection! This is one meal I will remember for a long time. Loaded with flavors that I love, I thought this has got to be the best lobster I have ever had at home or in a restaurant. The stuffing was awesome, rich and buttery with a touch of lemon, easy to mix up and prepare, and our dinner was on the table in no time. My kinda recipe! My DH was smiling and humming through the whole meal! We give this outstanding recipe 10 stars, but since we can only give 5, I guess that will have to do! This will definately be a repeat as soon as we can afford to buy some more lobsters :) Company worthy by the way!