Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
These delicious little morsels are to die for! Creamy cheese and crab with lemon. Doesn't get much better than that! Great as an appetizer for any social event, but don't wait until then. Make them for yourself and the family, and see for yourself how DELISH they are alone, or with any kind of dipping sauce you might like. I love them with my recipes for Linda's Chinese Duck Sauce and Linda's Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for Dipping (Egg Rolls, Sushi).
Top Review by Chocolatl
The filling is delicious, but they didn't get very crisp. They also took a LOT longer than 15 minutes to prep, although I suppose it goes faster with practice. Would have them again, though. Thanks for posting!
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 44.37 ml yellow onions, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml garlic juice, I used some from a jar of chopped garlic in juice
- 226.79 g crab or 226.79 g imitation crabmeat, finely chopped
- 16 wonton wrappers
- canola oil, to brush on won tons
- Chinese duck sauce or plum sauce, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put cream cheese in a glass dish, and microwave for 30 secs., until softened.
- Chop the onions finely, and add to cream cheese.
- Add your lemon and garlic juice, and mix well.
- Chop the crab finely, or use the blender. Add to cream cheese mixture, and mix in well.
- Place a heaping teaspoonful of mixture into the center of 8 won ton wrappers.
- Dip you finger into the water, then rub around the edges of each won ton. Take another won ton wrapper, and wet one side around the edges, and put it on top of the mixture.
- Seal the two wrappers together, pressing with your fingers all around the edge. Continue with the rest of the won ton wrappers, until all are completed.
- When done, grease a cookie sheet with oil.
- Rub each won ton in the grease on the bottom of the cookie sheet, and place each won ton on sheet. When all the won tons are done and on the sheet, brush a little oil on top, so they get nice and crispy around the edge.
- Put in the oven, and bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them.
- When done, place on a layer of paper towels to absorb grease.
- Serve with your favorite Duck or Plum Dipping Sauce.
- Makes 8 lg. won tons.