Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been making my beans this way for years... They are quick and easy to throw together when you are trying to get a meal on the table. Great flavor, and good with hotdogs and brown bread!
- 1 (28 ounce) can bush beans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, and crumbled
- Mix all ingredients in a baking dish.
- Bake at 350, for 1 hr., or until thickened.
- Remove, and let set about 15 minutes.
- They will continue to thicken so do not over bake.
Another winner Linda! DH is doing the cooking lately, and just loved how easy this was to put together. He does the cooking and I do the directing! We cooked the bacon in the microwave, and used dark Karo syrup in place of maple, but used maple syrup Bushes BBeans. Delicious! Went great with grilled chicken! This is going straight into DH's favorites! Made for 1.2.3 Hits Tag
Good and easy baked beans. These really do get thick because I accidentallly overcooked these. Watch your cooking time. Made for Newest Tag.