Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was looking for a little added flavor in my home fries this morning and created this luscious recipe. They were AWESOME! I splurged and had them with fried eggs and toast for a DELICIOUS weekend breakfast. GREAT flavor and just a little spiciness from the seasoning. They are REALLY good! I cooked these on med-high, and from the starting of peeling the onion to putting them on my plate was 45 mins., so if you cook them on high it is going to take less time, and if you cook them on med. it's going to take longer. Med-high worked perfect for me, as it browned the home fries nicely and didn't scorch the onions! See my picture. If you have a lg. cast iron frying pan, I would suggest using it, as they make the "BEST" home fries :)
- In a lg. cast iron frying pan add olive oil.
- Fry sliced onions on med-high, for about 5 minutes and often so they don't stick.
- Push onions to one side of the frying pan, and add raw chopped potatoes.
- Cook potatoes and onions turning often to brown evenly. When potatoes are a golden brown, mix onions in with potatoes.
- Add garlic, and mix in with potatoes and onions.
- Add Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. Mix in with potatoes.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
a fantastic part of a great sunday breakfast! Thank you so much linda :) Love the touch of creole seasoning in them.