Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
I wanted to try my hand at creating an Asian style marinade for salmon. This came out great and I wanted to share it with all of you. I hope you will try it! DELISH! Serve alongside your favorite Asian inspired rice or noodle dish, and my recipe for Linda's Asian Coleslaw, for one meal to remember! We serve it with my son's recipe for Dan's Asian Rice with some Sweet Soy Sauce drizzled over the top.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a container big enough to fit the fish.
- Add the fish to the marinade, and let sit in the refrigerator for 1/2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Lightly grease grill rack with oil.
- Remove salmon from marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Grill 12-15 minutes per 1" of thickness, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Brush fish with reserved marinade while cooking, up until the last 5 minutes on the grill. Dispose of any leftover marinade.
- Plate, and enjoy!
very good salmon Linda, the only change I made was added in some minced garlic and allowed to marinade for 4 hours, made on my indoor grill, thanks for sharing!
This is so delicious! I wish I had doubled the sauce to use some for dipping the salmon in. It was so full of flavor. Thanks for posting. :)
I saw this recipe posted a few weeks back and couldn't wait to try it. We eat salmon often and I am always looking for new ways to cook it. The salmon was delicious! It was a little spicy from the chili garlic sauce, but perfectly flavored for us. If your a whimp when it comes to hot, you might want to cut it down to 2 tsp. My fillets were about 1" thick and I cooked them for 7 minutes on each side. They came out just cooked through and juicy and tender. Make sure you don't flip more than once, or the fish will start to fall apart. We loved this dish and will have often we enjoyed it so much! Thanks for sharing!