The first time I had these I thought I had died and gone to heaven... This recipe is in the Top 5 for my FAVORITE desserts... Add a scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream on top of one of these YUMMY brownies when they are warm, is the ULTIMATE in desserts in my opinion! 1-23-08 I did make an adjustment on this recipe. It should have been an 8x8" pan not a 9x13"... No wonder they were coming out crumbly! Also, I use 2 med. McIntosh apples for mine.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup mcintosh apples (you want to use a nice sweet apple) or 1 cup other sweet apple, peeled, and chopped (you want to use a nice sweet apple)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soften margarine.
- Mix all ingredients together in a lg. bowl.
- Bake in a buttered 8x8" baking dish, for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool, cut, and then store in a plastic container.