Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
DELICIOUS dessert to make anytime... GREAT with whipped cream, Cool Whip, or a big scoop of French Vanilla ice cream.
- 3 cinnamon raisin bagel, cubed into 1/2-inch pieces, let set out for at least 1 hr
- 1 cup granny smith apple, peeled, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated 2% milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a lg. bowl, toss bagel cubes, apples, and nuts together.
- In a bowl whisk together brown sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, water, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Pour liquid over bagel, apples and nut mixture. Stir well, and let stand 20 minutes to absorb liquid.
- Spoon into 2 4x8" baking pans coated with oil. Make sure apples and walnuts are evenly distributed.
- Bake 45-50 mins., or until bread is deep golden brown.
- Pudding is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.