- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 large onion, halved then sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 cups of your favorite homemade spaghetti sauce or 4 cups store bought spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to pkg directions.
- Meanwhile, in a separate lg skillet, over med-high heat, saute the ground beef, onion, and Italian seasoning for 5-10 minutes, or until meat is brown, and crumbly.
- Drain thoroughly, and leave the meat and onion in the skillet.
- Add the diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce, and mix well.
- Add butter, and mix, until melted.
- When noodles are done, drain thoroughly, and return noodles to the pot.
- Add the hamburger mixture from the skillet to the pot.
- Mix well, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat until bubbly, then serve with bread and butter.