Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is quick, easy, and just plain "Delicious"!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 large onion, halved then sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 cups of your favorite homemade spaghetti sauce or 4 cups store bought spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook macaroni according to pkg directions.
- Meanwhile, in a separate lg skillet, over med-high heat, saute the ground beef, onion, and Italian seasoning for 5-10 minutes, or until meat is brown, and crumbly.
- Drain thoroughly, and leave the meat and onion in the skillet.
- Add the diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce, and mix well.
- Add butter, and mix, until melted.
- When noodles are done, drain thoroughly, and return noodles to the pot.
- Add the hamburger mixture from the skillet to the pot.
- Mix well, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat until bubbly, then serve with bread and butter.
Very easy and tasted very good. Next time I will add some garlic and chopped green bell pepper because we like that, but otherwise no changes needed.
Very quick! Delish! I added some mixed frozen veggies and a little garlic b/c I didn't have Italian seasoning on hand. Will make again soon! Great way to hide veggies.
Delicious and very easy to prepare and it made a huge quantity, so we had quite a few serves to put in the freezer. :) I added some rosemary and sage to the Italian herbs and 4 cloves of minced garlic (standard additions for me). I used Aldi's Italian tomatoes (so flavoursome and so little juice so that allowed me to sneak in 1/2 cup of merlot), and I used some of MarraMamba's The Simplest Tomato Sauce Ever (Marcella Hazan) for the spaghetti sauce. I opted for unsalted butter but cut it back to more like 1/4 cup. We thoroughly enjoyed this with warm crusty rolls. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Linda. Made for Gimme 5.