Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A REAL FRUIT-cake for the birthday of a special fruitcake friend! Linda Thomas developed this beautiful birthday fruitcake from conception to creation using fresh melons and berries, candles and fire. Beautiful & Healthy!
- Cut thick slabs from a round watermelon to use for cake layers. Trim rind from around slabs.
- Peel & cut cantaloupe into thin slices to use for frosting-like look between layers.
- Layer cantaloupe between watermelon slabs to build up cake. Insert wooden skewers down through layers from top (cut skewers to cake height, if necessary).
- Use toothpicks to arrange raspberries & blackberries upright to decorate cake -- use your imagination with this.
- Insert candles into top of watermelon. Fill-in around candles with blueberries and fill-in around cake plate with mixed berries and slivers of cantaloupe.
- Add fire!